“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”… Saul Alinsky
Saul Alinsky is one of the most well-known community left-wing extremist organizers in American history. Though his methods may be controversial, there’s no doubt that he has had a profound impact on both the Democratic Party and the way grassroots organizations operate. In this blog post, we will take a look at who Saul Alinsky was, what he believed in, and how to fight against his radical ideology.
Who was Saul Alinsky?
Saul Alinsky was born in 1909 in Chicago, Illinois. He was the son of Jewish immigrants that moved to America from Russia. His father was a Rabbi and his mother was a homemaker. Alinsky dropped out of college after just two years and began working as a crime reporter for the Chicago Daily News. In the 1930s, he became involved in left-wing politics and began working with various labor unions.
What is Saul Alinsky known for?
Alinsky is most well-known for his 1971 book, “Rules for Radicals.” In this book, he lays out his vision for how to effectively organize communities and bring about political change. He also advocates for using whatever means necessary to achieve these goals, including lying and cheating.
The following are the 13 Rules for Radicals on how to effectively organize and run a movement in the takeover of the United States.
- “Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.”
- “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”
- “Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
- “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.”
- “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
- “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”
- “Keep the pressure on.”
- “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. “
- “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.”
- “If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.”
- “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
- “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. “
What did Saul Alinsky believe?
Alinsky’s beliefs were heavily influenced by Marxist ideology. He believed that society was divided into two classes: the rich and the poor. He also believed that the only way to change society was through revolution, not reform. This belief led him to advocate for direct action tactics such as “protests” and “disobedience”.
Saul Alinsky Influence and legacy.
Alinsky had a profound influence on The Black Power movement, The Student New Left, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. He also founded Citizens UK, an organization that has been described as “Alinskyite”. In France, there is an institute named after him, L’Institut Alinsky, which is dedicated to studying his life and work. “Alinskyism” is a term used to describe his radical organizing methods.
Alinsky and The Black Power movement
The Black Power movement was a political and social movement that emerged in the late 1960s. Its stated goal was for black people to take control of their own communities in order to achieve equality by whatever means necessary.
Alinsky and The Student New Left
The Student New Left was a political movement that emerged in the 1960s. It was made up of college students who were critical of the Vietnam War, traditional values, and perceived and real societal injustices.
Alinsky and Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton is a former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. She is also a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. Clinton met Alinsky in the early 1970s and was greatly influenced by his ideas.
Alinsky and Barack Obama
Barack Obama is a former President of the United States. He is also a Democrat and a member of the New Left political movement. Obama was first introduced to Alinsky’s work in the early 1980s when he was a community organizer in Chicago.
Saul Alinsky’s famous quotes:
- “Never let a crisis go to waste.” — Saul Alinsky
- “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it” — Saul Alinsky
- “In the beginning the organizer’s first job is to create the issues or problems.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” — Saul Alinsky
- “True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “As an organizer I start from where the world is, as it is, not as I would like it to be.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The only people who become disillusioned are people who have illusions.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “Radicals must be resilient, adaptable to shifting political circumstances, and sensitive enough to the process of action and reaction to avoid being trapped by their own tactics and forced to travel a road not of their choosing.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The despair is there; now it’s up to us to go in and rub raw the sores of discontent, galvanize them for radical social change.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn’t necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “From the moment an organizer enters a community, he lives, dreams, eats, breathes, sleeps only one thing, and that is to build the mass power base of what he calls the army.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “People cannot be free unless they are willing to sacrifice some of their interests to guarantee the freedom of others.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The function of an organizer is to raise questions that agitate, that break through the accepted pattern.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “A reformation means that masses of our people have reached the point of disillusionment with past ways and values. They don’t know what will work but they do know that the prevailing system is self-defeating, frustrating, and hopeless. They won’t act for change but won’t strongly oppose those who do. The time is then ripe for revolution.” — Saul D. Alinsky
- “The goal of revolution was not only to change society but also to change human nature itself.” – Saul Alinsky
Remember, Alinskyism is a cancer that is slowly destroying America from within, but as long as there are people willing to fight back, there is hope.
Ways you can fight against Alinskyism:
- Educate yourself and others about Saul Alinsky and his tactics.
- Don’t allow yourself to be divided by race, gender, or any other social issue.
- Stand up for what you believe in and don’t allow yourself to be intimidated or silence.
- Be willing to sacrifice some of your interests for the greater good.
- Never give up and never give in.
- Expose his tactics for what they are.
- Refuse to engage with his followers on their terms.
- Question, Question, Question.
This fight cannot happen without you, continue to promote constitutional values and fight against left-wing extremism. By understanding their beliefs and tactics, we can be better prepared to fight against his radical ideology.
Please continue to read my future blog post for more in-depth looks into other conspiracies and cover-ups committed by the US government! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to share your own theories! Thank you for reading!