LEONIDAS LEGEND BLACK MULTICAM PLATE CARRIER AND HERCULES LEVEL IV ARMOR MADE IN U.S.A.
True to its lineage, the second-generation Leonidas plate carrier with Level IV Armor is designed to meet the most rigorous demands of the modern operator. Enhanced with lightweight Squadron laser-cut laminate material over a Cordura 500D body, the Leonidas Legend plate carrier is built to last. The Leonidas Legend features effective thin and lightweight high density foam standoffs for air circulation, enhanced shoulder pads, quick release cummerbund and many more upgrades.
Black Multicam & Blackout Edition
The Leonidas Legend XL is a rugged, but lightweight carrier designed for larger body types ranging from Large to 3XL. This limited edition plate carrier is available in standard Black Multicam as well as a special “Blackout” edition which features black laser cut laminate Squadron over a Black MultiCam body. Both versions of the Leonidas Legend XL come with two sets of shoulder pads: 1 set of enhanced shoulder pads with extra padding and 1 set of standard, low profile shoulder pads with bi-directional webbing.
Built for Battle
With enhanced padding in the front, back and shoulders, the Leonidas Legend is designed to minimize fatigue and maximize comfort during extended duty use. The tough, but soft, spacer mesh helps this carrier breathe while facilitating heat dissipation. The fully adjustable (and removeable) cummerbund provides 7 levels of adjustment, allowing for a variety of body types ranging from L to 3XL. High abrasion laminate exterior panels not only provide a super low profile mounting solution but reduces weight while shielding the 500D Cordura body. The Leonidas Legend comes standard with mole side plate pouches capable of holding 6”x6” or 6”x8” armored side plates. Each shoulder pad also features multi-directional laser-cut webbing to allow for greater freedom in mounting and retainment options. First Spear Tubes are integrated into the cummerbund to allow for faster dawning and removal of the carrier. The top zippered admin pouch is capable of holding smartphones up to 6.5” long. Additional storage is also provided by way of the front kangaroo pouch which is retained by Velcro. The Leonidas Legend plate carrier is proudly made in the U.S.A. and 100% Berry Compliant making it an ideal choice for Law Enforcement, Military or Concerned Citizens alike.
- Made in the USA and Berry Compliant
- Designed to hold 10”x12” or 9.5”x12.5” SAPI/ESAPI plates
- Includes 2 sets of shoulder pads, 1 set of enhanced shoulder pads with extra padding and 1 set of standard, low profile shoulder pads with bi-directional webbing
- Mil Spec Construction 500D Codura and lightweight Squadron Laminate materials
- Reinforced Rear drag handle with retainment Velcro
- First Spear Tube Technology for easy cummerbund release and re-dawning without having to readjust cummerbund sizing
- Hook and Loop front and back ID panels with laser cut PALS webbing
- Bungee sizing system allows cummerbund to adjust from XL to 3XL
- Cummerbund accepts Spartan Armor Systems 5” x 15” soft armor inserts
- Removeable cummerbund with secondary retainment straps allows carrier to be run without cummerbund
- Front Velcro kangaroo pouch
- Chest and back padded standoffs increase airflow without producing hotspots
- Included molle side plate pouches designed to hold 6”x6” or 6”x8” side plates
- Top zippered admin pouch
The Hercules level IV body armor plate is manufactured in-house at the Spartan Armor Systems® facility in Tucson, AZ utilizing ballistic ceramic and UHMWPE materials. As with all body armor manufactured by Spartan Armor Systems®, the Hercules level IV ceramic body armor plate has been independently tested and verified by an NIJ Certified laboratory. Each Hercules level IV body armor plate is rated to stop armor piercing rifle rounds up to .30-06 M2 AP. Weighing in at just 6.9 lbs per plate, the Hercules is noticeably lighter than most level IV ceramic body armor plates available. With full edge-to-edge 10”x12” coverage and Advanced Compound Curve design, the Hercules is ideal for operators in need of maximum protection and comfort.
Full Edge-To-Edge Protection
Get what you pay for! It might not be obvious, but some 10”x12” level IV ceramic body armor plates on the market only provide protection in a 8”x10” area to keep manufacturing costs low. However, the Hercules ceramic body armor plate provides full 10”x12” edge-to-edge protection for the operator. When your life is on the line, don’t take chances with other ceramic plates that measure 10”x12”, but only provide an 8”x10” area of protection. Buy ceramic level IV body armor plates that give you the protection you’re paying for.
Advanced Compound Curve – True Multi-Curve Design
The Hercules level IV body armor plate features our Advanced Compound Curve (ACC). While many body armor plates claim to be “multi-curve”, the ACC profile is a true multi-curve design providing the operator with the most comfortable fit of any ceramic level IV body armor plate. This advanced ergonomic design is especially important during extended duty engagements, typical of Law Enforcement, Security, and Military operations.
- Threat Protection: Armor Piercing Rifle Rated Up To .30-06 M2 AP.
- NIJ 0101.06 Rating: Laboratory tested and verified to meet NIJ 0101.06 level IV standards.
- Material Composition: Ceramic & UHMWPE
- Plate Size: 10”x12”
- Protection Area: 10”x12”
- Weight: 6.9 lbs
- Thickness: 1.1”
- Plate Quantity: Two (2) Plates Included
- Curve Profile: Advanced Compound Curve
- Cut: SAPI/ESAPI (Shooters Cut)
- Armor Type: Stand Alone
- Exterior: 1000D Condura® with Embroidered Logo
- Warranty: Guaranteed against manufacturer defects 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Origin: Made in U.S.A – Manufactured by Spartan Armor System® in Tucson, AZ.