Kimber Master Carry Pro .45 ACP
The Kimber Master Carry Pro .45 ACP is an ideal concealed carry firearm. It features a light weight aluminum Round Heel Frame, black KimPro II slide finish and wears Crimson Trace Master Series Lasergrips.
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 5.25
- Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 28
- Length (inches): 7.7
- Magazine capacity: 8
- Recoil spring (pounds): 22.0
- Full-length guide rod
Kimber Master Carry Pro .45 ACP
According to GunsAmerica Digest, “Kimber’s Master Carry Pro is designed to be a practical carry pistol. It even has carry in the name. Everything about the slick single-action is designed to help with concealment and comfort while it is carried, and speed its use when it isn’t concealed. It is a .45 ACP 1911 with a 4 inch barrel that weighs in at a modest 28 oz empty. Most importantly, it also shoots well. And, as an extra bonus, it doesn’t look bad either.
Kimber’s Master Carry pistols come in 3 sizes. The Custom is a full size 1911 with a 5 inch barrel. The Pro has a 4 inch barrel and the Ultra has a 3 inch and a shortened grip. When it comes to picking out a pistol for concealed carry, size really does matter.
So what makes this a carry gun other than having carry in the name? The most obvious and probably the best for making this 1911 concealable is the bob tailed grip, which Kimber refers to as a “Round Heel Frame.”
Like all of the other Kimbers…the fit and finish is top-notch. Kimbers are not cheap and they do not feel cheap either. The finish is flawless and so is the fit. The slide to frame fit is tight and rattle free.
The Kimber Master Carry Pro ate everything we fed it. The cheapest FMJ we could kind to hot hollow point all functioned flawlessly.
The Kimber shot respectable groups from 7, 15 and 25 yards. This is not a full length target pistol and it doesn’t group like one either. But it will shoot a 1 inch group at 15 yards and a 3 inch one at 25.
The Kimber Master Carry Pro is a solid contender for a daily 1911 carry pistol. All of its features add up to make a very good shooting and concealable hand gun.” [GunsAmerica Digest, Kimber Master Carry Pro,November 6, 2017]
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Satin silver
- Width (inches): 1.28
- Material: Steel
- Finish: Matte black
- Length (inches): 4
- Material: Steel, match grade
- Twist rate (left hand): 16
- Fixed low profile
- Radius (inches): 5.7
- Crimson Trace Lasergrips
- Kimber logo
- Aluminum, match grade
- Factory setting (approximate pounds): 4.0 – 5.0
Top Posts & Pages
- Top Selling Palmetto State Armory AR-15 Rifle Kits
- Review: Winchester Model 94 .30-30
- Beginner’s Guide to Prepping – The Big Three
- Review: Military Surplus Chinese Type 56 SKS 7.62×39 with Spiker Bayonets
- Firearm Reviews
- Review: PSA GEN3 PA65 6.5 CREEDMOOR M-LOK MOE EPT RIFLE
- Review: PSA AR-15 “STEALTH” STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER
- Review: Tactical Solutions X-RING Takedown VR .22LR Semi-Automatic Rifle With The Backpacker Mossy Oak Bottomland Stock
- Review: .300 Win Mag
- Review: Savage MSR 10 Long Range 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
CITED “Kimber Master Carry Pro.” GunsAmerica Digest. Last modified November 6, 2017. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/kimber-master-carry-pro/.