(The Blaze) The chief of the CDC warned that there could be a second wave of coronavirus that is much worse than the first, but Dr. Deborah Birx shot down the possibility when questioned by reporters Tuesday.
CDC Director Robert Redfield: “There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through”.
(The Economic Collapse) Head of UN’s World Food Program David Beasley warned the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday [coronavirus pandemic could soon double hunger, causing famines of “biblical proportions” around the world by the end of the year].
(Study Finds) After adjusting for statistical margin of error, that means anywhere from 221,000 to 442,000 local adults in Los Angeles have been infected by the coronavirus. That number is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed COVID-19 cases in LA at the time the study was conducted earlier this month.
(Conservative Review) On Friday, Stanford University’s school of medicine announced the findings of the first publicly released random sample antibody study of an entire county in the United States. Researchers sampled 3,330 Santa Clara County residents of all demographics to see how many had the antibodies of SARS-2 in their blood, which would demonstrate how many have already been exposed to the virus and are immune to it. Using basic serology, the researchers at the nation’s fourth highest-rated medical research school concluded that anywhere from 2.49%-4.16% of the people in this county of 1.9 million already had the antibodies in them.
“If our estimates of 48,000-81,000 infections represent the cumulative total on April 1, and we project deaths to April 22, we estimate about 100 deaths in the county,” concluded the study. “A hundred deaths out of 48,000-81,000 infections corresponds to an infection fatality rate of 0.12-0.2%.”
That is a very different story from the 3-4% figure the global governments and the World Health Organization have been working with.
(NY Post) The Opening Up America Again guidelines say states that show a downward trend in COVID-19 cases will be able to reopen restaurants, bars, theaters, workplaces, sporting centers and gyms as soon as May 1.
The phases, as described by task force member Dr. Deborah Birx, include:
Phase 1, which recommends continued social distancing, closure of schools, teleworking and sheltering in place for vulnerable individuals. Non-essential travel would be discouraged, bars should remain closed and visits to nursing homes and hospitals should remain prohibited, the guidelines warn. “If a vulnerable population needs to return to work, there should be special accommodations for all vulnerable populations. If the schools are already closed, they should remain closed,” Birx said. “All visits to senior living facilities should continue to be prohibited. Large venues can only be operated under strict physical distancing protocols. Gyms could open if they adhere to strict physical distancing.”
Phase 2 allows schools, restaurants and bars to reopen with diminished occupancy. Non-essential travel can resume, and people can gather in groups no larger than 50, but teleworking is still encouraged. “This is for the employers. We still would like to encourage telework, and the common areas should remain closed or be physically distant,” Birx said. “This should be a relief to many households that have small children: schools, day cares and camps can reopen in Phase 2. Visits to senior living facilities however should remain and hospitals prohibited.”
Phase 3 allows workplaces to reopen with no restrictions, and visits to senior care centers and hospitals can resume. “It is essentially returning to our new normal. With all of the what we talked about through all phases: continuing the good hygiene practices, continuing the respect for spaces between individuals, because we know that we still have an issue with asymptomatic spread,”
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
Palmetto State Armory Daily Deals Everyday – Up to 60% Off AR Lowers & Uppers Palmetto State Armory – Bulk Ammo, AR15 Parts, Magazines & More
AR500 Armor Buy Now and Pay Later. Purchases over $199 may qualify for 6 months of no payments with our financing program!
USCCA Arm yourself and your family with the best self-defense education, training and legal protection available from the USCCA.
St Paul Mercantile Kerosene Cook Stoves, Ovens, and Pressure Lanterns, Stainless Water Filters and More.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSA AR-15 “STEALTH” STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER
- Trump was right on the Travel Ban: Is he right on Stopping Immigration?
- How Bad Will the Food Shortages Get?
- PSA AR10 GEN3
- Coronavirus (CONVID-19): Should you prepare to die?
- IS THIS HOW THE NEXT CIVIL WAR STARTS
- 10 ITEMS TO BUY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
- Migrants Charged In Brutal Gang Rape of 13-Year-Old Swedish Girl
- Do you really need a gun in a pandemic?
- Do we need to prepare for a long-term collapse?
- SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
- The U.S. Constitution and Other Writings (Leather-bound Classics)
- Prepper’s Long-Term Survival Guide: Food, Shelter, Security, Off-the-Grid Power and More Life-Saving Strategies for Self-Sufficient Living
- The Ultimate Survival Medicine Guide: Emergency Preparedness for ANY Disaster
- Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs of Eastern and Central North America, Third Edition (Peterson Field Guides) Third Edition
- Compost Everything: The Good Guide to Extreme Composting
- Dammit Peckerhead: Stories from the Homestead
- Siphon Pro XL – Largest Siphon for Water – Gas – Diesel – See Video – It’s a Pump or Siphon – Get Work Done Fast! 8′ & Shut Off Clip – USA
- EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS Best-Rated Survival Kits, From 72-Hour to 30-Day.
- 50% Off 3 Day Survival Kit + Free Shipping at WiseFoodStorage.com! Now$19.99! No code needed – Limited Time
- Augason Farms: Buy from the manufacturer and save. Click here.
- Save up to 50% by shopping LAPG over similar name brands! Shop now.
- All Hand Gun Deals In ONE Click! Up to 40% OFF! guns.com
- Buy Online/Ship To a LOCAL FFL! Click for Details! Sportsmans.com
- Arm yourself and your family with the best self-defense education, training and legal protection available from the USCCA.